- To forget what you have done for other people, and to remember what other people have done for you?
- To ignore what the world owes you and to think what you owe to the world?
- To put your rights in the background and your duties in the middle distance, and your chances to do little more than your duty in the foreground?
- To see that your fellowmen are just as real as you are and try to look behind their faces to their hearts hungry for joy?
- To own that probably the only good reason for your existence, is not what you are going to get out of life; but what you are going to give to life?
- To close your book of complaints against the management of the universe and to look around for a place where you can sow a few seeds of happiness?